A Scuola di gusto: the advanced training and specialization school for cuisine and catering.
The food brand of Iscom Bologna, training centre for Confcommercio Ascom Bologna with accreditation also by the Emilia Romagna Regional Government.
The cookery courses organized by a Scuola di gusto will help you acquire the know-how and techniques which have made Italian cuisine famous worldwide. Special attention will be devoted to teaching traditional recipes from the Emilia Romagna region, the renowned Italian Food Valley.
DO YOU WISH TO BECOME A PROFESSIONAL IN THE FOOD SECTOR?
- Extended courses, highly specialized full immersion courses and Summer Camps.
- Professional Chef Course 350 ore (200 hours practical workshop and 150 hours work experience)
- Professional Pizza Maker Course 140 hours (40 hours practice and 100 hours work experience)
- Professional Bakery Course 250 hours (100 hours practice and 150 hours work experience)
- Professional Pastry Chef Course 240 hours (90 hours practice and 150 hours work experience)
- Professional Maître Course 235 hours (85 hours practice and 150 hours work experience)
ARE YOU A FOODIES AND WISH TO DISCOVER THE SECRETS OF FAMOUS RECIPES?
Courses for cooking enthusiasts, theme evenings and weekends.
- Tagliatelle and tortellini 4 hours
- Pizza and crescente 4 hours
- Tigelle and crescentine 4 hours
- Italian-style cakes 4 hours
- Frozen desserts and ice cream 4 hours
ARE YOU A TOUR OPERATOR AND WISH TO ADD TO YOUR PACKAGES A COOKING EXPERIENCE FOR YOUR CLIENTS?
Bologna is the celebrated city of good food and tourists are especially attracted by the fresh pasta tradition, which is the heart of Italian cuisine.
Cooking and “hands-on” Class for a direct culinary experience:
- Traditional fresh pasta (tagliatelle, tortellini, tortelloni, lasagne)
- Ragout, sauces and seasoning recipes from the Italian tradition, in particular from Emilia Romagna
- Bakery (Bologna-style bread sticks, streghe, seasoned bread and rolls)
- Pizza and buns (pizza in a pan, pizza Romana, seasoned crescenta and buns)
- Traditional desserts (torta tenerina, zuppa inglese, tiramisù, torta caprese, torta della nonna)
- Biscuits (filled raviole, cantucci, baci di dama)
Wining and dining routes to get to know the most outstanding Italian products:
ARE YOU A SCHOOL AND WISH TO ORGANISE A TRAINING EXCHANGE?
We can host students interested in Summer Camps and full immersion training on Italian cuisine. We also arrange transfers abroad and training exchanges involving our teaching staff and professional consultants.
WHERE WE ARE
A Scuola di gusto is in Bologna, in Via Cesare Gnudi 5 (a short walk from the old town).
A 250 m2 area with changing rooms, toilets, storage room, library and a workshop equipped with state-of-the-art cooking utensils and professional instruments.
A modern and refurbished workshop for a hands-on experience!
Our teachers are the best Chefs, Master Bakers, Pastry Chefs, Pizza Makers, Maîtres from our region, selected for the highly recommended skills and experience, awards received and passion in spreading knowledge about our cuisine.
Passion and creativity are our only admission requirements!
WHY CHOOSE US?
We are passionate about our work, people and food
Quality of teaching staff and methods
Organization with accreditation by the Emilia Romagna Regional Government
Our workshop has a WiFi connection.
Please be advised that, inside our teaching workshop, all of the required self-check procedures as regards food hygiene (HACCP system) are fully implemented in accordance with EC Regulation 852/04.
All of the areas where the courses take place (workshop and classrooms) are compliant with legal requirements according to the regulations in force on the subject of safety.
Via Cesare Gnudi 5 (a short walk from the old town)
phone 051 415 5716 fax 051 4155730
Monday to Friday